Monday 23 September 2019

Birgit's Gel Printing Challenge - Week Three

Hi Everyone! I'm back to share some more monoprints with you, from this past week.

Day 15 - Fall/Autumn


Day 16 - Yarn




Day 17 - Texture Plates






Day 18 - Vegetables





Day 19 - Complimentary Colours




Day 20 - Felt Tip Markers. I stamped flowers onto my gel plate with black archival ink, then coloured them with Adirondak pens, allowing the ink to dry, then pulled the print with white acrylic paint. Unfortunately it was getting a bit late in the day when I took the photo!


Day 21 - Image Resist, using magazine images. Not easy to explain, but Birgit has a great YouTube tutorial on the Gelliarts channel.



Wishing you all a wonderful week,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. Wow Alison, I am gobsmacked. One lovelier than the other, just ****fab*u*lous****. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in total AWE, Alison. These are fabulous. For Day 17, the final stamps, were those the ones you heat and impress? Then when you are finished, you heat again and the design goes away? I will try to find the Gelli arts web site to see the resist technique. Each of these is wonderful, and I don't see how you got tomatoes to work and not squish all over everything. I've made cabbage roses by cutting off the end of celery stalks. They turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous and your image resist came out super! I have tried this before but didn't have half the luck you did Alison. I think I need to revisit it though. Yours have me in awe and jealous of your results. Happy fall my friend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, more fabulous prints Alison. The image resist sounds and looks an interesting technique.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you tried lots of different techniques on your gelli printing! I love the patterns and texture that you created and the image resist ones look amazing 😁. I hope you enjoyed your hike and are having a lovely time with your family on your travels! Wishing you a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the fabulous techniques and patterns
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great adventures with the gelli plate and more fabulous results. I really enjoyed the magazine technique when I played with it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.