Monday 28 October 2019

Dreams Of Summer

Hi Everyone! 

Here in the UK, we set our clocks back an hour at the weekend, which is something I wish we didn't do. It's to stop children in the north and Scotland having to go to school in the dark, but it also means that it starts to get dark earlier in the afternoon. So, although I do love the colours of Autumn, I created this page, dreaming of long Summer days. Also, I really hate halloween, so I'm feeling a bit stressed over that right now! It seems to take over the supermarkets and the crafting world! Also, what is it with fireworks?! We used to just get them for about a week around Guy Fawkes Night, but now it lasts at least two months if not more! Not great for our poor pets! Rant over...lol!

And here's an art journal page :-)


Another collage page, with some teabag texture this time, a book page from Pride and Prejudice, some painty scraps, and a flower decoration that I found in some junk mail. Bit random! Hahaha!



Wishing you all a happy and creative day,

Alison xox

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful mixed media journal page! This pink flower makes a gorgeous eyecatcher!
    Wish you a happy new week! Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I am with you... so bad to let summer go this year as it was so beautiful...as is your unique page!!!

    Another amazing dream page for the cureent AJJ topic! Thank you dear Alison!
    Happy new week!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely journal pages, Alison, so pretty. Our clocks went back, too, not a time I like! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree you what you said about clocks and Halloween. Finland has recommended to stop settings of clocks back and forward at EU. Let's see what happens.
    Your AJ page is absolutely
    charming. Love colours and
    layout.
    Happy inspiring time ๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! The layers look fabulous with the pretty pink flower and splatters ๐Ÿ˜‰. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layering here over the kraft page - and those white stamping textures just creeping outwards. Gorgeous papers - book page, teabag, tissue - and I love the stamping of the sentiment.

    Completely with you on the fireworks - got very cross with some this weekend - and on the clocks. I hate that it's dark so early - and on gloomy days at the moment I'm having to put the main light on at about lunch time!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful journal page and completely agree about the fireworks
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page, Alison. I'm sorry I missed this one when you posted it. I love your journaling style! I just want over the list of 98 entries and picked out nine favorites. Three of them are yours! This one and two wishes pages.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pages with us at Art Journal Journey for the October Dreams theme. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Playing a little catch up here Alison, it's been a bad few months my end for crafting etc.. Hope you are feeling better after your surgery and results?
    A beautiful page, looking forward to brighter/warmer days.
    I know what you mean about the fireworks but they are used to celebrate many festivals and events now.. times have changed since I was a young girl, no longer one evening of firework displays with the remnants of smoke still lingering in the air... I miss those days!
    Sending Hugs your way Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.