Thursday 22 November 2018

Everything Is Possible

Hello Everyone! I have an art journal page to share with you today, for Erika's Vintage or Modern Challenge at Art Journal Journey. I think it passes as a modern page. Mixed media and a modern lady from a magazine.


There was already some leftover turquoise paint on the kraft page. I applied white gesso using my plastic cross-stitch circle, then glued some used teabag papers and their labels on, creating some lovely creased texture. 

I scraped on some metallic Gilt Dina Wakley heavy acrylic, used black Bombay India Ink dropper to sketch a circle and add splatters, then lifted my journal to create drips. 

I scribbled down some of my thoughts with a white Posca paint pen, and added white splatters. The lady was cut from a magazine page, adhered and outlined, then I finished with a Tim Holtz quote sticker.


It was good to get back to my journal again today, the best medicine! I'm still waiting to get medication sorted for my recently diagnosed condition. Hopefully it will happen soon! I have an appointment mid-December.

Wishing you all a happy, artful day,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. I love this Alison. I love the texture background and that is a cool design with the girl. She looks like she belongs there. Thanks for joining us at art journal journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply AWESOME Alison. I love allt the effect here - artsy style! I keep my fingers crossed for you dear Alison!
    Thank you for yet another fantastic page in your unique and wonderful style linked to Art Journal Journey!

    Happy eveneing!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page Alison! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous journal page, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Ali. Fabulous elements. You take care.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An awesome journal page, I love the painted and splatters in the background, it looks very arty.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous journal page and great textured background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a beautiful journal entry, Alison. I love the fact you used a magazine image because they are so great recycled. It's a wonderful entry and even better that you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    Mid December seems like a long time to wait for answers to your problem. I'm in your corner, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful Mixed Media page with beautiful textured details! I like your writing in a circle!
    Wish you a happy weekend! All problems have to vanish soon!
    Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page! The texture from the teabags against the turquoise and white gesso patterns is fabulous and I love how you added the gold acrylic and magazine image with the inky circle too 😁. Art journaling is definitely the best medicine and roll on December so you can get your medication sorted! Take care and wishing you a Happy Friday! Hugs J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow,love your page,the white writing around the circle looks wonderful,love this,
    the page had a dreamy magical look.
    and yes,journaling its the best medicine ever.
    wishing you a nice weekend.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. An inspiring quote :) I hope your meds are sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colours here - the turquoise and the gold work beautifully together, and the white pen scribble is fab. Hope you get meds sorted... sounds troubling.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.