Tuesday 13 November 2018

365 Somethings Week 45 & A Journal Page

Good Evening Everyone! I'm here tonight with my 365 Somethings Week 45 Teabag Art. These were inspired by the beautiful Autumn trees, which still have leaves on them mid-November.


I painted my teabags with Cheddar and Ruby Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic, then stencilled leaf patterns with Gilt DW Acrylic. I stamped the PaperArtsy leaves onto gessoed music page, cut them out and glued them to the teabags. I wrote 'leaf' a few times with a black gel pen, then inked the edges with black archival ink.


I decorated another teabag, and used it on a journal page. I haven't had a lot of time for art journaling lately, it felt good to make this page.


Music page, tea-dyed gauze, corrugated card, my teabag art, and a Tim Holtz phrase sticker, and I couldn't resist a few watery paint splashes.


I have the dentist in the morning, but I hope to make some more art tomorrow. I've missed it!

Wishing you all a great evening,

Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love the warm palette. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful teabags Alison love the painted and stencilled backgrounds-great journal page too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another set of incredible tea bags, Alison. I LOVE how you work in series. These are beautiful and truly do bring autumn into the equation.

    I think your journal page is fabulous, too. I am truly impressed and really love the splats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Tea bag art and your journal page looks fabulous. The colours and leaves look beautiful.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blue leaves really pop. These are some of my favorites that you've made. Nice journal page too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tea bags and a wonderful journal page. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the teabags Alison and your journal page is beautiful.
    Xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, these are as beautiful as I thought they would be after seeing them on my phone screen!
    Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tea - coins and I love the page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what amazing makes! I love how you coloured the background with beautiful autumnal colours rather than the leaves, so clever 😀. Your page looks fabulous too, especially those paint splatters ...lol 😉. Creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.