Wednesday 14 November 2018

AJJ - Vintage or Modern

Hello Everyone! I'm happy to report that my dentist appointment went well, and I came home and created a page for Erika's Vintage or Modern Challenge at Art Journal Journey. It's halfway through November and my first page for the challenge! Life has been getting in the way somewhat!


I started off with a modern background, using scraps of underpaper, some of my favourite Dina Wakley paint colours, Cheddar, Ruby & Turquoise, and a bit of DecoArt Crackle Paste that didn't show up very well. I also used my plastic cross-stitch aida to add paint. I found a vintage image with an amusing quote - 'What do you think I do all day? Sit around the house?' Of course not! - hahaha!


I hope you've all had a lovely creative day!

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. A fabulous page Alison! I laughed at the focal image and the question!
    Great to hear all went well with your teeth!
    Thank you for a fantastic vintage/modern entry for AJJ!

    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page and love the vintage image and briiliant sentiment!Glad to hear all well at the dentist-I am absolutely terrified of dentists!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, definitely cheered me up, as I am sure it did for you after your Dental appointment! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a super quote for the fabulous page Alison, it really made me smile.
    Glad your dentist appointment went well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison this is a super page. I love those bright happy colors. And I had to laugh at the saying on your photo. Like any of us art girls would just sit all day-ha-ha! glad the dentist went well, and big THANKS for joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, love the bright and cheery colours. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page! The colour combination is so bright and cheery, and your lady and quote make me happy too 😁. Thanks for the smiles and wishing you a great day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the good dental report :)

    I love the layers here. And that quote lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning , love the contrast between the bright colours and the B&W photo. I hope you get well soon , Alison , a big hug

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all of these bright and beautiful layers! Stunning page. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Wish my dentist visits made me create something like this ;) Please it all went well.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.