Tuesday 19 July 2022

Daisy Yellow Art ICAD Challenge - Week 7

 Hello All.

Phew! It's so hot here at the moment, we're really not geared up for 40degC temperatures in the UK! I've been lying on the sofa reading/listening to books the last couple of days, but I thought I should get a blog post done. Fortunately, my art room where my lap top is, is the coolest room in the house.

I have some more ICADs to share with you today, for week 7 of Tammy's Daisy Yellow Art Challenge.







Our daughter Beth recently got an award for being one of the top 50 female engineers in the country, for innovation and invention in 2022. Here she is with her dad, who is a civil engineer, and inspired her to go into engineering. Beth joined Rolls Royce's graduate scheme whilst at uni, and now works for them in Bristol, in aviation. She is on the WISE(Women in Science & Engineering) board, and loves to encourage other young women into engineering. Needless to say, her dad and I are super proud of her.


Thanks for visiting me today. I'm off to lie down with a book again now!

Alison


7 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing achievement and inspiration! You must be so proud of her, many congratulations on her award 😊. Loving your ICADs! Hope you're having a wonderful week and are managing to stay cool in the heat! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all I have been doing reading a neighbour gave me a bagful and have read five in the last four days -I am beyond melting lol.Big congratulations to your daughter and no wonder you are so proud-someone to be proud of! I love all your collaged index cards
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know I love your art. However, this is fantastic about your daughter. A big congratulations. I know you are extremely proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ICADS are amazing, and those giant fat Xs are calling to me. And congrats to your daughter. That is really exciting for her and her future career. She's also very beautiful. And My husband is also a civil engineer. Technically my daughter is also, as she was also inspired by her dad. But she works in public planning. (Which coincidentally her dad always encouraged her to go into.) I hear its hot across the pond so stay cool. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful ICADs, Alison. They all look like collage fodder to me and that is what I am in love with right now. Each is special in its own way.

    Congratulations to Beth. You can tell her my undergrad degree was in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Physics. I am also quite impressed with her accomplishments and achievements!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible achievement! I also love that she is on the WISE and encouraging other women into engineering. Congratulation, Beth!!
    LOVE this set of cards! All of them. Of course, had fun reading the words. Stay cool, Alison, and happy reading!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel for y'all over there, it's even surprising to us and we are used to summer heat. I really do think that just getting out on our porch and sitting for 10 minutes a few times a day has helped acclimate us a bit, it's taking me much longer to sweat now when I go out and sometimes not at all. And I'm hydrated. But, I thought I read your weather will be getting better next week, so hope! What a wonderful honor for your daughter! How thrilling! Best wishes to her. I like this batch of cards, I think the last one is my fave, always hard to choose. Hope you get some heat relief soon, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.