Thursday 3 February 2022

AJJ - What's Your Style, and February Calendar

 Hello All.

It's a new month, so I have a new calendar spread to share with you. As it's February, the month of love, there are hearts aplenty.


I started by using up lots of collage scraps as my base layer, then I covered these with a layer of teabag papers.

For the journaling hearts, I splattered light turquoise and turquoise paint onto some brown packing paper I saved from a parcel, then I punched out 28 hearts.


After gluing the hearts to my pages, I outlined them with a white paint pen, then gave them a shadow with a black pen, and wrote in the day numbers.

I painted my title, then outlined with white, and gave that a black shadow too. I also added some turquoise dots.


I stamped my two hand-carved hedgehogs onto tissue, then painted a light turquoise background and glued the hedgehogs to my page. I used a black gel pen to ground them and add shadows.

I finished with some white paint splatters and a scribbly black pen outline.

This spread shows my art style so I'm linking up to Elizabeth and Bleubeard's What's Your Style theme at Art Journal Journey.

And finally, here's my filled in January spread.


Thanks for visiting me today. Have a great new month.

Alison


17 comments:

  1. I am loving the hearts! And I am impressed you could write so tiny to fill in those spaces in January. Thanks for sharing over at AJJ for Elizabeth's challenge too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Alison. I am SO in love with these hearts and how you outlined everything. This really IS your style and I can see it in these pages. As always, you (and Chris) put my calendar pages to shame. These are actually brilliant and Bleubeard and I are delighted you shared them with us at Art Journal Journey using our theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your calendar spreads are always fabulous, and very much your style. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your journal calendar pages and those hedgehogs are super sweet-I agree you nailed your style for the challenge this month
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pages. I love the faces peeking thru!
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your calendar journals. They are so unique and inspiring. I wish I weren’t so lazy about creating my pages. But it got to be so time consuming and a I reached a point where I struggled to come up with different ideas for the pages. But when I see your pages, I miss writing on the creative pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab pages - I just adore your hedgies - clever you carving them. I a not sure I have seen this on Insta but I do 'heart' when I see them.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo on both. Amazing that you keep them up and do these calender pages so well. I love the hedgehogs - your stamps are always so well done! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your February pages! The blue and brown is gorgeous; so lovely to see non-traditional colours for hearts as everything seems to be red or pink this time of year ...lol 😉. Happy February! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s unexpected to see the days arranged in sixes instead of in sevens for the days of the week. And unexpected to see blue instead of red hearts. Nice way to jog one’s thoughts.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A calendar that will be full of Love(ly) things created during February, the outline makes each one stand out from the page. So nice to see your hand carved hedgehog stamps with their sweet nose greeting.
    Happy creative February Hugs Tracey xx
    P.S I hope you are feeling better now? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous pages love all the hearts and little hedgehogs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these hearts. Wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous calendar pages and a great way to showcase your style of art. Thanks for linking to the latest AJJ theme.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Alison! Love your pages, but is this a British thing? You are the second Brit I know (so of course that means it's a pattern, hahaha) who does these. You and Pearshaped Chris. Praying you are feeling better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.