Wednesday 13 May 2020

T-Day with 366 Somethings - Week 19

Hi Everyone!

I'm back today with another week of collaged index cards for the 366 Somethings challenge.








Let me tell you about number 129. On the 8th May, here in the UK we celebrated the 75th anniversary of VE (Victory in Europe) Day. I made some bunting to hang on one of our front windows. Card 129 was made with leftovers from the bunting.


Our little street held a modified street party, with a picnic lunch outside, being sociable with the neighbours, but keeping our distance of course. By coincidence, I found the 'Egg Salad' text from the book page I've been using for a while, and we did actually have an egg salad for our lunch. Perfect!

It was a lovely day in every sense. Here's a photo that one of our neighbours took. And the beer had to be Spitfire of course! I should have got my act together yesterday, and shared this with Elizabeth's T-Day! Maybe I still can :))


Going back to my index cards, reading the found book texts in order is quite amusing as usual. 

Do you have a favourite card? I think mine is 132, with that teeny piece of teabag with white dots. It happens to be the one I made on our 29th wedding anniversary. It was a week of anniversaries!

Be safe and happy,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. oooo! I love all of your collages :) The layers and colors will inspire me. That's a wonderful way to safely have a community celebration. It looks like great fun! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all good, but 130 is my fave today. Glad you enjoyed the VE day celebrations. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your ICADs, Alison. Numbers 131 and 132 are my favorites. I can't choose just one. I also really like 133 and 134.

    The neighborhood gathering for VE Day was a great way to get the neigbrhood together.

    Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww those collages are espectacular Alison !! Yes, I also think I prefer the number 132 too, Happy belated Anniversary !! Great photographs of you and your husband. Happy T-day !
    Wonderful your bunting.
    I wish you a very nice Thursday, stay safe and well,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve all your collaged cards kept saying I like that one oh and that one lol I love reading the book texts as well very funny-looked like you enjoyed your picnic lunch and like that you had Spitfire beer!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your index card artwork. And I'm enjoying seeing how people in the UK celebrated VE day. I'm also glad you shared your post for T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous collages! My favourite is 132, the colours are gorgeous and the tiny piece of teabag with those white dots is super cute too 😊. Looks like you celebrated VE Day in style, that's a lovely photo of you both! I'll happily join you for a Spitfire beer, cheers and Happy T Day wishes! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun party (social distancing of course). And your bunting is perfect.It is nice to see a photo of you and your husband. And this weeks ICADS are once again fabulous! I think I am leaning towards 128 and 131, but man, it is hard to pick. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Alison, I am SO sorry I'm late visiting. I got really sick and just couldn't continue on Tuesday. I'm sorry for not being a very good host.

    I love all your cards and your VE celebration with your neighbors was wonderful. Loved the bunting you created for your window. I had planned a VE day post, but got too sick to care if I finished it or not.

    I think my favorite cards today are 128 and 131. I always love when you use tea bags (those marvelous round ones) in your art. And I love that you used staples, too. I suspect Spitfire beer is indicative of Europe, because I've never heard of it. Thanks for sharing your incredible ICs and your beer with us for T this week. Sorry again I'm so late visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely set of index cards, what a lovely way to celebrate VE Day, lovely photo of you both
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the cards and collages in the post today, so I cannot pick one to be a favourite.
    Its a super photo of your picnic, we had ours in the back garden, but I forgot to take a photo, to busy eating I think.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I always have a lovely time stringing the words together across the cards, as well as enjoying their individual whimsy or peculiarity or power. 131 is my favourite this week - for words and pictures I think. Glad that the sun shone on your tea party.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful art and what a lovely day. I am thrilled to see a photo of you and of course your other half.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.