Saturday 2 May 2020

30 Days of Mixed Media with Ana - Days 24-30

Hi Everyone. I'm back today with my final week of entries for Ana Bondu's challenge on Instagram.

I missed out day 23, which was Transfers, as my effort didn't work at all, and I didn't think it was worth the stress to attempt again.

Day 24 - Metal. I covered a piece of card with sticky back foil, then embossed it and used Stazon inks to colour it.


Day 25 - Misti (Stamping Platform). This was quite complicated. I started with a piece of card coloured with Distress inks, then placed it in position on my stamping platform. I had to do the flowers individually, stamping, bleaching out colour with bleach, colouring with Posca paint pens, then re-stamping. Then I stamped the smaller flower in the centre of the large one, painted with white pen, re-coloured with red and orange, then re-stamped the small flower. After doing all the flowers, I flicked some water onto the card to create the bleached splatters. Told you it was complicated, but well worth the effort I think. I'm so pleased I eventually bought the stamping platform, as I've used it quite a lot to get well-stamped images.


Day 26 - Alcohol Ink. Sticky back foil on card again, embossed, then drips of alcohol ink added. Yummy!


Day 27 - Foliage. I love using leaves on my Gelli Plate!


Don't waste the paint on the leaves...


I also used black ink to draw some foliage on a gel-printed tag.


Day 28 - Pigment Ink. Distress oxide inks, Carabelle Studio stamps. I clear embossed the leafy sprig, in order to use the green oxide ink to watercolour.


Day 29 - Fabric. I used ribbons.


Day 30 - Mica. I sponged white tacky glue through a stencil on the black card, then brushed with perfect pearls mica powder. The stamped butterfly and quote were coloured by mixing mica powder into some water to create a watery paint.


That's it for now. I hope to find another challenge once my wrist is fully healed. I'll still be doing my little daily collages though.

Have a happy weekend,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. Alison, they are all fabulous. You get better and better. Wow, what an array of gorgeousness. Hope your arm is now better, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW absolutely brilliant selection Alison especially the effects and colours on day 26 and the background created with the ink left on the leaves
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous pieces. Boy that card did take a lot of steps but I agree with you, the result was worth it. Hope it's a good weekend and you're doing well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look fantastic and I have had a good catch up with your other posts as well. The prompts sounded interesting and your pieces are inspiring.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of your creations are incredible and over the top, I hope your wrist heals soon because you have ROCKED this challenge. I was impressed that you had all the materials to make everything, like the Misti. Your working with the alcohol inks was phenomenal, too. Got a kick out of your take on fabric.

    If you have trouble with transfers, I suggest heavy card stock or a postcard weight card. They work better than magazine images. But they all work better than ink jet printed images. I could NEVER get those to work. I actually like making transfers, which says a lot since I'm not very good at creating things with the other products you used this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Alison! Looks as if you've had oodles of fun playing around with supplies that - if you're anything like I am - you hardly ever touch. These are wonderful!
    God bless you and stay safe :-)
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy indeed. Big congrats on completing the challenge. I love the leafy prints and the two metallic pieces - scrumptious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented. Those embossed pieces are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.