Wednesday 6 May 2020

Daisy Daisy...

Hi Everyone! I hope you're all keeping fit and well. 

Since I'm confined to the house, I've been doing circuits of my garden to keep my fitness up. I usually plug in my head-phones and listen to an album or a podcast. My son Gordon and his friend Joe have started weekly podcasts, called Liminal Podcast, and you can find them here if you're interested. I find them quite amusing, and it's a comfort to hear my lovely son's voice of course.

Today I have another art journal page for Mia's Flowers theme at Art Journal Journey.


The base is a gel print, and the flowers and circles were cut from a doodled, painty under-paper and a scrap of black card. I had a lot of fun doing those doodles.



I hand-wrote a few words of an old song that my Nan used to sing to us, and finished with some white ink splatters.


Thanks for dropping by my blog,

Alison xox



15 comments:

  1. I love this one, as that song has special memories for me. I got married to my first husband when I was 18, we definitely couldn't afford a carriage, and rode to the church literally on a bicycle made for two, and our friends from the choir sung the song for us. Crazy but nice! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool page Alison. I love this one also. (Valerie's story in her comment is fun, isn't it?) I love your doodles. They really make a super background And I just love a daisy. Who doesn't? Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how much I love what you create. Today, my favorite is the black background and white dots. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. magnificent is that page! Creative nice idea!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm all crazy just for the love of you" and so on it goes. Yes, I remember learning that song from my old aunt.
    Lovely page Alison, like the way you have built it up and your doodles are great - its made me smile and feel happy. Thanks.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beautifully created Daisy page!
    Wishing you and yours are well and healthy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a fabulous page and a super daisy flower. The words had the memories flowing back for me, they made me grin at the old songs still being remembered today.
    Thank you for linking with Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be singing that song all day now, Alison! Not that I mind. Hearing it will now forever remind me of your gorgeous journal page. What fun to have your choice of doodles. It's all beautiful and so well put together, too. Thanks for joining us again at Art Journal Journey using Mia's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous journal page and remember the song well lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alison, this is an amazing page. I love your artful daisies. Thank you so much for entering this on my challenge at AJJ. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the daisy art! We've just come back from a ride on our tandem so the song made me smile 😁. Hope you're having a good week! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely page - the gel print looks great in its kraft framing, and polka dots always make me smile.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.