Saturday 6 July 2019

AJJ - We're All... Being Random

Hi Everyone. Not much has happened in the craft room this week. I did paint a little dinosaur card for my friend's grandson who is 5 years old today. 

On a gel plate print, I sketched the dinosaur from a picture, then painted it black and added white and orange details. Then I added a hand-written message with my Posca paint pens. Hopefully he'll like it, he's dinosaur mad, and knows all their names!


Today, I decided it's been too long since I art journalled, so I got out my pack of art prompt cards, and here's what happened...


These are the prompts I used...

1. Cut a picture or face from a magazine and adhere.
2. Add white circles or marks.
3. Trace your hand.
4. Draw a quick self-portrait.
5. Use a stencil.
6. Scribble randomly on page.
7. Apply paint with a lid.
8. Use watercolour paint.
9. Add some doodling.
10. Use metallic paint to make marks.
11. Add paint fingerprints. 
12. Do some scribble journalling.


Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal page and love the card, great idea. Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinosaur is wonderful. Beautiful drawing, too.

    Those are a lot of prompts. I think I would use less prompts because I got confused just looking at all you created on this journal page. It turned out SUPER, though, and I was so pleased you shared it with us using Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dinosaur card, and your journal page is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happened to draw a dinosaur yesterday and although it came out good, it is NOT very scary like yours is. Nice. And nice art journaling too. I did a bit today but hopefully will have more time soon also. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dinosaur and great background-fabulous journal page and love the idea of using prompts
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison, the sequencing of the prompts is wonderful! I will also follow in my artjournal, I will credit your page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinosaur 🦕 is cool.
    I really like your composition of the journal page. Beautiful 🎨.
    Happy Sunday and upcoming week 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing page and great card Alison!
    Thank you for joining AJJ, happy start of the new week ahead! Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dinosaur card and I also love how your prompt cards led you to create this fabulous page! Thank you for joining in with my theme mat AJJ! Hugs, Chrisx ps slowly catching up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dinosaur.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.