Wednesday 13 March 2019

Signs of Spring

Hello Folks.

We had a few signs of Spring, butterflies and bees, but they've gone back into hiding since the weather became cold, wet and windy. Hopefully it'll warm up again soon.

I've been hiding too, binge-watching two seasons of Marco Polo on Netflix, but I have created another page for Jo's Hello Springtime theme at Art Journal Journey.


I started by collaging a piece of book page and 3 strawberry & mango teabags (they smell delicious). Then I added colour with Seaglass & Cerise Fresco Acrylic. Bird and insect rub ons were added to 3 gessoed book page circles, then a black pen dotty outline. I also added splashes of Cerise, and some rub on words.


Hope you're all keeping warm and safe,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. Stunning page! Your use of white space with the cerise drips and those pretty teabags and the bee, bird and butterfly is amazing 😁. Such a beautiful springtime creation and I wish I had smell-o-vision I bet strawberry and mango teabags smell delicious 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! I'm hoping that warmer weather will be here again soon too ...lol 😉. I hope you are having a wonderful week! Hugs, J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, some great ideas there. Hope it soon warms up. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful page Alison.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love this page! great work with the tea bags, the grungy style is just my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is amazing Alsion! Great page! Happy evening! Thank you for yet another fantastic entry linked to AJJ! Hugsm Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is fantastic how you used the teabags on this page Alison.
    Its windy here today as well, no spring warmth or sun.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page Alison love the bird and insect rub-ons --really windy and cold here today despite the sun.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning page, Alison. I really love your inspiring design. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the tea bag art. it is good to see them again. I haven't watched Marco Polo but perhaps I should check it out. Hope it's a good week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your arrangement here. I never remember to save my tea bags, but I really must start. They make wonderful design elements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! You really do create the best tea bag art! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page, Alison. I admire any artist who can leave white space! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page. Ooo! strawberry and mango. Sounds delicious.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.