Thursday 7 March 2019

Dreaming of Spring

Welcome Everyone!

I'm really struggling to get motivated lately, what with changing my diet and remembering to take medication, but I managed to create this double page spread in my 6x4" art journal today. The teal paint was already there, which helped. And we have Jo's wonderful Hello Springtime theme over at Art Journal Journey, to which I'll be linking.


I created some texture on the teal paint, using a comb to apply white Fresco acrylic. Then I adhered some book page scraps, used an orange Scribble Stick to make marks, and black Fresco acrylic and a lid to print circles.

I stamped the butterflies (Innovative Stamp Creations) onto book page, cut them out, and added them, then finished with splatters, and wrote the words with my glass dip pen and black Bombay India ink.


Hope to be back again soon! Thanks for visiting.

Alison xox

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful pages, love the bright and cheery colours. I hope your motivation soon comes back. I need to take a lot of medication each day, but as I know it keeps me healthy, I just do it. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages and background love the book page butterflies--and it doesn't look as if the mojo has gone to far!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages! I love the way that you stamped the butterflies on the scraps of book pages 😁. They look so pretty with the teal background and orange and black accents, the texture that you added with the comb is amazing too! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey with your Dreaming of Spring pages! I hope that you are soon back to normal after all the changes you have had to make and that your crafty mojo returns 😁. Take care and enjoy your week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might not have felt motivated, but you obviously were creative :) You caught how I feel exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be back soon, I am sure! I love this arty spring spread! So beautiful made - your style is always such a pleasure to look at!
    Take good care of you!
    Thank you for joining in at AJJ !
    Happy weekend ahead!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. You may have had trouble getting started, but this spread should make you very, very happy. It's a fun, joyous spread welcoming spring and I love it. Thanks for sharing this with us honoring Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a fantastic page and those blues look lovely for the background and the butterflies are so pretty.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Alison - love all the details and that butterfly is my all time favourite butterfly - the one I go to first when I want to stamp one! It's a special stamp :-) Hope your life soon settles down a little and you feel the benefit of the changes you've had to make. Stay well.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these pages - gorgeous fresh bright colours. They don't seem like there's much missing motivation-wise, but I know it can often feel different from the inside. I hope your mojo settles in with the dietary and medication changes soon.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the contrast of blue and orange. The butterflies are work well and make me think of summer-or at least spring! I think we are all ready for it now. It is about time. :) Have a great weekend Alison. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.