Sunday 3 February 2019

Time After Time Journal Page

Hello Folks.

Here's another art journal page for Rike's 'The Colour Yellow' theme at Art Journal Journey.


The page started with some paper collage, then texture with teabag papers. I applied some white PaperArtsy Fresco acrylic with a palette knife, then used the knife to added mustard yellow and red Fresco acrylic. To highlight the texture, I added black Fresco acrylic, then I adhered three round teabags and turquoise paper circles. I scraped some more mustard yellow Fresco over the teabags, then stamped them with a PaperArtsy circle image by Seth Apter. I finished by stamping words from the same stamp set.


PaperArtsy's Topic 1 challenge theme is the colour Mustard, so I'm entering my page with them too.

I've just spent the day celebrating my lovely Dad's 80th birthday with all my family. His actual birthday is tomorrow, so I'll share the card I made for him then.

Hope you've all had a great weekend,
Alison xox

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, very lively and colourful. Happy birthday to your dad. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page.

    And a very happy birthday to your dad. . Wonderful milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bright and happy journal page Alison.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice yellow and nice tea bags Alison! This page is really cheery and feels like a warm summer day. Hop it's warmed up in your world! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous - I love the teabag stamped with the round circles and the colour choice is fabulous! Great to see this linked to Art Journal Journey dear Alison!It's a terrific page! Thank you very much! Happy Birthday to your Dad!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your abstract acrylic mixed mdia page is absolutely stunning! It's great how you use the knife , and your added teabags are fabulous!
    Thank you for linking your beautiful artwork with much yellow to AJJ!
    Happy Birthday to your Dad!
    Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page Alison, love how you have incorporated teabags into it and I can just imagine the texture on here with the addition of the paint with a palette nice.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous textured journal page love the different ways you use your teabags
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the texture on your page, Alison. The tea bags are a lovely touch. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I thought I'd commented on this before - no doubt dear hubby did his usual and interrupted me with a cuppa and I forget to press enter or something haha
    I remember this as I thought it looked like my submarine windows that I had just started painting and was relieved to find it wasn't a submarine after all :)
    Amazing page using teabags again and such great textures.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Alison! Love these bright colours! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.