Saturday 4 August 2018

5 Minute Art Journaling - Day 7

Hi Everyone! It's the 7th and final day of SouthernGal's 5 Minute Journaling Challenge on Instagram. I'm definitely getting the hang of this, and it's a great way to fit in some creativity, even when it's too hot, or you're busy.


I got some paint out ready, and chose a great colour combo that PaperArtsy have as their current challenge. Claret, Sage, Mint & Gold. Although I forgot to use mint, and I have turquoise scraps, so it probably won't count. I'm going to enter my page for Try It On Tuesday's Book Paper Challenge though.


I applied the base of sage paint with an old credit card, and used the corner to scribble in it. Such fun! And I used a small round paint brush to create the flower petals and marks, another of my favourite techniques.

This speedy challenge has been such a blessing in the heat this week, so I'm linking to Elizabeth's Count Your Blessings Challenge over at Art Journal Journey too. And Moo Mania & Moo are asking for Sheet Music, so I'm linking there too!

Hope you all have a wonderful and creative weekend,

Alison xox

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Alison, love the pop of colour from the flowers . Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great page too with those bits of paper added. As I said yesterday, you really have gotten the hang of this fast page making. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT, so love your artistic desires and results...♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journal page. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! The claret with the turquoise and old book papers looks beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and wishing you a wonderful weekend too! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. a wonderful spread for the final day of this super 5 minutes art journaling challenge! I am impressed with all the pages you showed and I like the colours here as well and your artistic and loose style always amazes me - no exception here. You are simply a pro! And I say a very BIG Thank you for joining Elizabeth's AJJ theme as well as Try it On Tuesday and Moo Mania & More! You made me happy! We have a big heatwave now as well and it is forecasted to last until next weekend...ufff! So maybe I should also just stay indoors and make art?! Lol!
    Happy creating - happy weekend - keep cool and artsy my freind!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. An inspiring thought, and the 5-minute challenge still strikes me as quite the challenge. I like your arrangement of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, Alison, you covered ALL the challenges today, including the five minute one. This is a stunning page. I really like it and how you created the petals. I also like your choice of colors. This was so much fun and I'm delighted you chose to share it with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the scribbles on the background, great flowers too!
    An awesome spread!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing five minutes of creativity - this is beautiful. It's a colour combination I'd never have come up with myself, but I've been really enjoying the PA posts.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fabulous Alison, I am so pleased you shared with us at Try it on Tuesdays as well.
    I must try creating a quick times spread soon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Great for Moo-Mania & More... Sheet Music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this one Alison - my favourite so far! Greta to see this liked to Try It On Tuesday too! Thank you so much! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.