Wednesday 16 October 2024

Gratitude

 Hello everyone.

I have another page to share for my Autumn Colours & Inspiration theme at Art Journal Journey.

There is so much to be grateful for, not least that we live in a peaceful country 💔, and we don't get many hurricanes here🙏.


You can just see the outlines of the rectangle teabags I used as my first layer on this page. I then added paint and stencilled leaves(outlined with a black biro), and used a rigger brush and black ink to draw the large leaf stem and write the title. I used a white Posca pen to add highlights and splatters. I also added some fine black and not so fine gold ink splatters.


 Thank you to everyone taking part in the challenge at AJJ, so many and it's only halfway through the month, and your art has been beautiful! Thanks also for all the lovely comments on my recent posts.

Hugs,

Alison xox

6 comments:

  1. I know must admit we don't get the best of the weather but we don't get the worst either thankfully! Beautiful journal page, love the teabag background, colours and stencilled leaves.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so beautiful! I love how you used teabags for the background, you can see them through the layers of paint and the rich autumnal colours look spectacular 😊. Of course you added your amazing trademark splatters, which finish your design perfectly ❤️. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thos tea bags add some subtle but beautiful texture to your page Alison. And they take the paint so well. These colors are fantastic, and the stenciled leaves look great too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely art journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK you have convinced me I am fine living here in the north of England where it always seems to be raining, at least we don't get the bad things as you say.
    Love your tea bag page, I can see the texture running through the paint layers and it gives a lovely effect. Love how you outlined your lettering in white.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have thought of using teabags. Love the texture they added. Beautiful colours and I also like the splatter.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.