Thursday 8 August 2024

Seek, Gather, Create August 2024 - Week 1

 Hi All.

Seek, Gather, Create August 2024 is another Instagram challenge, hosted by Tina Hois, Laura Denison, Lisa Goddard and Casey Turner.

These are the prompts for week 1...

1. colour: gold

2. plastic wrap

3. something burnt

4. handwriting or asemic writing

Here's the page I created...





I used some gold Twinings Tea plastic wrapping and created a little pocket using staples, made a background with lots of teabag texture and PaperArtsy Seaglass Fresco acrylic paint. I burnt some lace trim which was slightly scary, and added some scribbled journaling, Tim Holtz people and Dymo text.   

I'm linking my page to Jo's Wonderfully Wild theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for dropping by.

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous, wow! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layering. The blue and orange look great together. What is it about orange that makes it so appealing with other colors? Hope you’ve had a lovely Thursday and thanks for joining Jo’s challenge. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal page, love all the laying and very brave burning the lace but actually looks brilliant.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page! Not sure I'd be brave enough to burn the lace trim, but it does look fabulous on your page and I love all, the gold, the layers of colours, textures and little pocket that you created - amazing 😊. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us at Art Journal Journey! I hope you're having a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Alison! Your page is absolutely beautiful and perfect for the seek gather create challenge. And I agree with Jo - I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to burn my lace!!! You did it beautifully!!! Now you have inspired me to play along!! Thanks, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty color combo and great advice on the tag, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning. I love how you added the pocket and hid part of the tag. You were brave burning that lace! This is a wonderful entry for Jo's theme at AJJ, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.