Wednesday 7 August 2024

Scrappy8challenge - August - Salt

 Hi everyone.

Here's my take on the August Scrappy8 challenge on Instagram. This month's theme of SALT was chosen by Dawn/@4gracecreations. 


I went a bit wild adding sea salt to acrylic inks on some watercolour paper, to tear up and use on my art journal page, layered up some collage scraps, and added a little hand-drawn wild flower between my colourful heart flowers. The book text is taken from my old copy of Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice.


I'm linking this page to Jo's Wonderfully Wild theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks so much for visiting,

Alison xox

8 comments:

  1. Wow, so beautiful! I love the texture that sea salt creates and it must have been fun going wild with it 😊. As always your colour palette is fabulous and the hearts and little wild flower are gorgeous. What could be better than words from Pride & Prejudice too ❤️. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and I hope your week is going well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative and beautiful 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, great salt background love the coloured hearts and all the collaged layers. Thank you for the lovely comments-much appreciated.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Alison, and I love how you went "wild" with the salt. I hope you have a new copy of Pride and Prejudiced. That's one book I, at least, wouldn't want to not have on my shelf-even if I've read it about 10 times. :) Have a super end of your week, and thanks for joining Jo's challenge hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sea salt and collage fodder!! What a perfect combination. Love the layers. I look forward to seeing more of this challenge this month. And of course, it is quite appropriate for Jo's theme at AJJ, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page, salted just right! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.