Thursday 18 April 2024

Sympathy Card and a New Crochet Project

 Hello friends.

A lovely neighbour passed away recently, after losing her fight with cancer. She loved her beautiful garden, and I created an appropriate card to give to her husband.

I used some gorgeous stamps by Tracy Evans, with Distress inks.


And here is the start of a new crochet blanket I started recently. It's grown a bit since this photo was taken though ๐Ÿ˜

I'm following a pattern by Zooty Owl. Here's a link if you're interested. I'm using some of my leftover yarn balls. It's a great way to use up scraps. I've got a lot of those! ๐Ÿ˜‚



Thanks for dropping by,

Alison xox

6 comments:

  1. Fabuous card, AND LOVE YOUR croc het, fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your neighbour-you made a beautiful card for her husband,love the beautiful stamps and colouring.Love the beautiful crochet pattern.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and lovely crochet too Alison. I love how crochet looks and how colorful it often is. I wish I liked to more, but being a knitter first I always found working with 1 needle a little bit strange. I hope you share more of the blanket as it continues. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, I'm sorry about your friend. The card is so pretty. I do like your crocheting too. Have a very nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sincere condolences on the loss of your neighbor. I'm sure her hubby was comforted by your soothing card. And those crotcheted hexagons are lovely. I tried to learn knitting and crotchet but being lefthanded seemed to make it too difficult. I have some books for lefties so may try it later if I get the urge. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and so sorry to hear about your friend's passing, sending you my heartfelt condolences. Your crochet is amazing and so pretty, it's the perfect way to use up that leftover yarn and the blanket is going to be beautiful ๐Ÿ˜Š. Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.