Sunday 2 April 2023

Art Journal Calendar April 2023

 Hello Friends. A happy April to you all.

I'm joining Elizabeth's Recycle, Re-use & Re-purpose theme at Art Journal Journey with my April art journal calendar.


I started by covering the pages with used teabag papers, then I used a piece of corrugated cardboard to create the lines with black ink.


I punched the circles from security envelopes, and used an empty tea light holder to stamp the outlines. I stamped the title using Darkroom Door Alpha stamps, added the day numbers, and sketched some flowers. 


I added white ink splashes, and also dropped some white ink into the flower centres. I love how the ink spread out along the lines of the flowers. So cool!


And finally, here's my completed March calendar.


Thanks for visiting,

Alison

9 comments:

  1. As always, you have made a wonderful calendar, Alison! Love all of the recycled bits and how you used the white ink. Thanks for linking to Elizabeth 's challenge at AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alison! I love that you used empty tea holders. Super smart and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, you put my calendar to shame. I LOVE the security envelopes you used for the days and the corrugated cardboard lines on the used teabags. Nice stamping with the empty tea light holder and that white splattered paint looked like something you would get if you blew through a straw or used canned air. This is a stunning entry and absolutely PERFECT for Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a cool calendar Alison. I like your use of recycled tea bags. And using the inside of of envelopes look great as the write on part of your calendar. Thanks for making your calendar work for Bleubeard and Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ. And happy new week to you also. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your calendar is amazing, Alison! I love how you used tea bag papers for your background. And that you used cardboard to make the inky lines! So creative! Your punched circles from security envelopes make the perfect "days of the month!" What a beautiful and creative calendar. Thanks for sharing how you made it!!! And I love your completed March Calendar, too. Time flies, doesn't it? Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. another wonderful Kalendar pge

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're typically your usual inventive and resourceful self here, Alison, and it fits the AJJ perfectly. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of recycled items fro you calendar Journal Alison. Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Elizabeth's theme. Hugs, Chrisx (pearshapedchris)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love how you used cardboard and an empty tealight to stamp on these calendar pages. Great ideas. Super recycling and fun colors too. Wonderfully done. Adore your finished pages from last week too. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.