Monday 10 April 2023

AJJ - Recycle, Re-Use & Re-Purpose

 Hello friends.

I have another junk journal page to share for Elizabeth & Bleubeard's theme at Art Journal Journey.

This was a simple page on a gelli-printed background, with fingerprints and flowers created using my fingers and acrylic paint. I added some faces and words cut from a National Trust magazine, and a few white ink splashes. The faces were from people dressed as English kings and queens. I think Victoria is in the middle and Elizabeth I top right, possibly Charles I bottom left, I'm not sure of the others.


Someone asked about my Easter cards. I created a cross stencil from card, sprinkled Brusho ink powders in it, and spritzed with water, very simple and effective.

Also, my mini collages aren't made from a masterboard, I create them separately using the same pieces of collage fodder so they all look cohesive. Hope that makes sense.

It's Easter Bank Holiday Monday here in the UK. It started pretty miserably with rain, but now it's fairing up and we may venture out for a walk.

I hope you're having a good day.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison

9 comments:

  1. Fabulou journal page,great background,love the flower heads and splatters.Your crosses looked amazing-weather same here raining all morning but sun out now.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your flower centers are "Kings and Queens" of England. It is a wonderful entry and I am in awe of it. Thanks for this great entry you have given Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme, dear.

    Thanks for explaining how you create your mini collages. I always love these mini works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love it. Lovely colours, too. Thanks for linking to Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun page! I did one similar to this a few years back and titled it Garden Variety. Too funny. Thanks for answering my questions! I completely understand now. Hope you've had a good walk, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great page Alison. I like your flowers with the recycled faces. The whole page works great for Elizabeth's challenge, so thanks for joining us. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea to create a Royal Garden with the Kings and Queens as the centre of the flowers.
    Hope you are well Alison.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun page! Loving the flowers and their centres 😊. Looks like you enjoyed creating this too. I hope you had a lovely Easter! The weather was good here, I hope it improved for you too. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well done on the combo you selected. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.