Saturday 5 November 2022

November Art Journal Calendar

 Hello All. Happy November!

I finally got my November calendar finished yesterday. Over at Art Journal Journey Elizabeth & Bleubeard's theme is Collage Fodder, Food & Drink or Both. I went with both. 

My little journaling cups are filled with my current favourite warm drink of Mocha, half a teaspoon of decaff coffee & a heaped teaspoon of vegan drinking chocolate (Cadbury's Options is my choice), mixed with a little oat milk, topped up with boiled water. So yummy!


I started with a layer of colourful collage fodder. Gluing pieces of torn collage down is so relaxing, and makes a great base layer.


Next, I used bubble wrap to print with white acrylic paint. Then I added some scribbled journaling with a blue Stabilo All pencil. I sprayed some water on it, then held up my journal to create some lovely inky drips.


I sketched and cut out my own little teacup stencil, then stencilled the teacups with black acrylic paint. I also stencilled the title with a PaperArtsy stencil. I used a white Sakura gel pen to outline and add the day numbers to the teacups. 


Before I go, here's my completed October calendar.


Thanks so much for reading this post.

Alison

14 comments:

  1. Morning Alison, thanks for dropping by. I just got back from food shopping and a quick nosy around The Range - they were playing Christmas music, it all seemed too soon lol. I really love your calendar, I have a problem covering up my collage sometimes, yours is beautiful, love that blue. Also your mocha drink sounds good, haven't seen the vegan drinking chocolate, will have to look out for it. Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back in blogland Alison. I'm with you about layering paper. It is so relaxing, isn't it? And I love the teacup calendar. It's lots of fun and perfect for the shorter days of the oncoming winter. Hope all is well with you. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what beautifully collaged calender pages! All the different papers look amazing and I love the little teacups - perfect 😊. I hope you're having a lovely weekend and Happy November! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rich calenda pages. The tea cup is a good idea for this month.
    Have a happy weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faboulous colourful pages and collaged backgrounds -love the stencilled teacups and how you show your filled in pages too.Will have to try the bubble wrap technique
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your November calendar pages look awesome! I love seeing how your pages progressed through your process. And turned out so great looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alison! Hope all is well with you. I do love the graphic statement of those cups! And surprised to learn they were stenciled. Thanks so much for the process shots, the collaged squares are so cool looking and also how you painted them for such a pretty background. Your vegan drink got me thinking about my little act of daily decadence. One cup of bold-brewed coffee and a dollop of whipped topping. Now I'm thinking a bit of chocolate would make it even better! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your collages are awesome.

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your name and knew I would see some amazing collage fodder. I love how you created this spread. The collaged background is wonderful. I LOVE it. And of course, the tea cups are fabulous. I love it all. Thanks for sharing your incredible calendar with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my themes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful calendars! Love them both. Great color and great idea to use the bubble wrap. TFS how you did it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so impressed with your art. You know that. However, this is fabulous. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems ages since I was here. Glad I came and saw your diary - love all the colours you used to build it up. October is lovely too - very autumnal in its colours.
    Take care, Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving these cups, the background is wonderful! October looking good too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was great seeing different stages of your work. Love these cups and the October pages look fantastic. Happy November!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.