Saturday 10 September 2022

The Ugly Art Club 5 Minute Challenge

 Hi Everyone.

It's been a sad few days here in the UK, and my thoughts and prayers are with the royal family after the passing of our wonderful queen. 

I've had a few days away from my art room, reading and walking mostly, and now I'm ready to tackle another Instagram challenge. This one ran a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't ready to join in then. It's a 5 minute art challenge, and I have enough pages left in my junk journal to complete it. I did have to add a tip-in of a folded paper bag though, and that is where my first page is.

Day 1's prompt is 'Tape'. I found some tape in a recent Daphne's Diary magazine. It had birds on it, which works perfectly for Neet's Fur or Feathers theme at Art Journal Journey. My page took around 5 minutes, I didn't time it, but it was definitely less than 10.

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Alison

7 comments:

  1. Lots of feathers on here Alison. A super page and one done so quickly - I would not have known. It really is a super page and I love the flower.
    Thanks for joining in again Alison
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t call that the ugly Art club piece Alison. I quite like it. And the birds are nice too. And as you said, perfect for Neet’s challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJand enjoy your weekend. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been an almost surreal few days here. I see the images on TV and even the formal exchange of powers (or whatever it was called), but it still doesn't feel real.

    I've seen a few others completed that Ugly Art Club challenge. I really like what you did for the first day. I couldn't have gotten things together in 5 minutes, much less finish it. It's fabulous. I always love your collage fodder and it made it even more important that you were able to link it to Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for that, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another fun challenge and all those layers and tapes look amazing 😊. I hope you're having a lovely week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We heard the news on Thursday evening as we were on our way to France. Fortunately SIL has BBC so with what they recorded for us and being able to keep up with events we don't feel so far away. I love your little birds making an appearance here for AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alison, My entire family was so very sorry to hear about the passing of Queen Elizabeth ll. We will miss her dearly. My heart breaks for you. And I love the beautiful page you made for this challenge. It's the most beautiful "ugly" art ever!!! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.