Monday 6 June 2022

Daisy Yellow ICAD 2022 and The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

 Hello All.

Our Queen's Platinum Jubilee weekend is over, and what a weekend of celebrations there were. We didn't venture up to London, but watched it all in the comfort of our living room, but we did have a lovely street party in our little road yesterday. It was great to get together with our neighbours, and thankfully the forecast rain didn't materialise. We all brought plates of food for everyone to share, and it was a marvellous feast. Lots of people expressed the wish for an annual street party. Here are a couple of photos that one of my neighbours took. Unfortunately lots of backs, including mine. I'm a little to the right of the centre, with my red hair and blue and cream striped fleece.


Our neighbour across the road has a new garden room, which came in handy to keep the food out of the elements.

Now to my ICADs. It's the 12th year of Daisy Yellow's annual ICAD challenge, where you create art on an index card every day during June and July. I decided to do collages on mine, with some teabags and stitching too. I'm hoping to use up some of my collage fodder. Here are my first six ICAD collages.

Day 1/61

Day 2/61

Day 3/61

Day 4/61

Day 5/61

Day 6/61

I shall be blogging my ICADs on Mondays. I hope you enjoy seeing them.

Thanks for visiting me today,

Alison

9 comments:

  1. I loved every minute of the official events, although my eyes do feel a bit square now from all the tv watching! Glad you had a street party too, there was nothing here. Great to see the icads are still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ICADs, love the little collages. Glad you had a street party, great way to get together with neighbours! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was easy to spot you with the red hair :D Looks like you had wonderful fun at the street party. The cards look fantastic, really like the 1st one.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. That street party sounds like a good time. And a nice way for neighbors to get together. And I am loving your ICADS. They have super texture, colors and of course, tea bags. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice you were able to have a street party with your neighbors during the Jubilee. It was a lovely tribute to the Queen, too. I thought she looked good on Thursday for the flyover, but quite tired on Sunday. I am sure she is glad it's over.

    Your collage fodder ICADs are wonderful. So much better than mine, I fear. I have no tea bags to contribute. I am loving collage fodder and your ICADs are truly inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy y'all all got to celebrate that milestone even though she had to forego a few things. May be her last big public do so the better to celebrate hard! Love your icads, the guitar is my fave of this bunch, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh quite a spread you had there Alison! I am loving your ICADs too, I saw them on IG but came over here for a visit too since I just got around to posting mine today - so late with everything right now lol . Have a great weekend, looking forward to some free classes tomorrow! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I know I already commented on this -weird but a few blogs I have visited and know I have commented but comments not there? Sounds like you had a great time at the street party and I love all your index cards-I have commented on your latest post to so let me know if it disappears please
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it looks like you had such a fabulous time celebrating the jubilee! I so enjoyed celebrating too, there was such a wonderful feeling of community and being able to celebrate together again was very special 😀. Your ICADs are beautiful and Day 3 caught my eye, the colours and textures are perfect. Wishing you a happy week! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.