Thursday 15 August 2019

A Single Man...

Hello Folks.

The Jane Austin fans among you might recognise the title as part of a famous quote from her book Pride and Prejudice. On today's art journal page, I used a scrap of book text from that book, although I got some paint on it and had to go over the words with a black pen...not great! Lol!


I wanted to use a few of the paper scraps on my desk, plus a couple of my many dried and emptied teabags, to make a page for Gill's Anything With Eyes theme at Art Journal Journey. Here's how it turned out...


There's some scraped on and scribbled in DecoArt Crackle Paste there too. I think it shows up better in the photo with the quote at the top of my post.


It's been a busy and sometimes stressful week, and it was good to play in my journal again.

Hope you're all having a good week,

Alison xox




14 comments:

  1. A genius page in my mind Alison! WOW!
    Thank you for joining AJJ again!
    Super!

    Happy weekend for you!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic eye page, well done! Have a great evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so clever! hope the rest of your week is less stressful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eyes! I like your arrangement on this -unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about thinking outside the teabag (OOPS, I mean box). This was so very different and unique. Most, most Impressive. Even loved the background. Thanks for sharing this with us using Gill's theme at Art Journal Journey, Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes I see eyes in round teabags all the time.. perfect! I think your overwriting on the book text just adds extra character. All paced on you magnificent textures background it's a fab journal page Alison.
    Sending calming Hugs your way Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your artjournal page is outstanding! Wonderful mixed media artwork and these eyes on the teabags are magical!
    Wish you a happy weekend! Rike x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a really cool page Alison - and of course it had to have a teabag used somewhere :)
    Love the colours and unusual but fabulous eyes!!!
    Thanks once again for sharing with AJJ.
    Sorry to hear about stressful week - hope it gets better and you have a lovely relaxing weekend.... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page Ali. The tea bag eyes are great. Hope you have a lovely weekend after your stressful week. Hug Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I rather like the re-written words - makes it much more personal - and I love the bold drama of those tea bag eyes over the painty panels, and then echoed by the rustic brown of the burlap in the background. Great page!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alison just called back to say thank you for your lovely comment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous page! I love the quote and the way you created the eyes on the teabags is amazing 😁. I hope that you've had a good couple of weeks! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.