Thursday 3 August 2017

Artmarks 30 Day Summer Challenge 2017 - Days 19 & 20

Hello Everyone!

We're two thirds through this challenge now, and my journal is starting to fill up. It's interesting to look through for inspiration, although I tend to just go for it, trying not to overthink the page.

Here are my latest two pages...

Day 19 - Scattered - Very simple pen drawn mandala, over a background made with leftover paint from day 18's page.


Day 20 - Scratched - I used Dylusions paint on this one, scraping it on with a palette knife, then scratching into the paint with the tip. Sketched leaves with charcoal pencil, then added marks, scribbles, splatters and a Tim Holtz quote sticker.



Wishing you all a wonderful, creative day!

Alison x




9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both variations - so great to see you once again at Art Journal Journey for Jo's theme! Much appreciated dear Alison!
      oxo Susi

      Delete
  2. Your simple page of leftover paint and Mandela is beautiful, I really like it's simplicity and fresh vibe 😀. Dylusions paints are always so vibrant and the way you applied them with a palette knife really gives a beautiful translucency and depth of layering. I love the detail you added with your doodles, signature splatters, scratches and leaf drawings too. It all draws the eye towards the lovely quote you added, which I can really relate too as it's so positive 😀. Thanks for getting creative, it's always a pleasure to see you at Art Journal Journey. Hope you are having a great week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are fabulous - especially scratched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pages. I really love those colors. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of them, but the second one stole my heart, such contrasts and gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant pages.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pages Ali. Lovely colours on the first and the scratching gives a great effect on the second.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.