Wednesday 6 March 2024

March 2024 Art Journal Calendar

 Hi Everyone.

I have my March art journal calendar to share with you today.

Here are my two tortoises who recently came out of hibernation, and they are the inspiration for my new calendar spread. They are the same age, but males are smaller than females, half their size! As you can see I have one of each. I need to separate them soon, as little Ollie is constantly pestering poor Josie. I'm hoping my son will adopt one of them.


And here's my March calendar spread...


I started with a collaged background, then stamped the Stampotique tortoise 4 times on painty paper, cut them out and glued to the teabags, which were then glued to the spread. 

I hand cut a flower stencil, and used Butter Fresco acrylic to stencil them, and used my finger to add an orange centre, then doodled the outlines and dots.

I sponged some Butter Fresco acrylic at the top, and stamped my title using Darkroom Door Alphabet & Number stamps. I added a few orange paint dots, wrote the day numbers on the flowers, and inked the edges of my spread with black ink.

I'm linking my calendar to Chris' On All Fours theme at Art Journal Journey, and also to Try It On Tuesday's Spring theme.


Here's my completed February calendar...


I hope your March has got off to a good start.

Thanks for visiting,

Alison xox

7 comments:

  1. How fun to have tortoises. The perfect pet right? Love your calendars too. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your latest calendar. And I love seeing your tortoises too. Even in your home they still hibernate? That's really interesting. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for sharing this for Chris' challenge at AJJ also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brilliant this is! I love the tortoises tucked in among the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing this delightful page for my AJJ theme, hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! Love the turtles and the spread. We have a turtle wetlands pool in our back yard. They are shy little creatures, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic springtime calendar spread, The flowers look lovely. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your springtime calendar. I learned a bit about turtles, too. Such a fun way to look at both Chris's theme at AJJ and TioT's theme, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.