Saturday 15 June 2019

Art Journal Calendar June 2019

Hi Everyone!

We just returned from a fabulous fortnight's holiday in Chamonix, France. We stayed in a lovely chalet style hotel, with an amazing view of Mont Blanc from our room, although it's a little hard to see in this photo sadly. You can clearly see Le Glacier de Bossons though (above the hotel in the middle of the photo). We walked up to see it one day.


We enjoyed lots of hikes up in the mountains. Here's a sneaky photo that hubby took of me on Le Petit Balcon Sud.


And a photo of hubby overlooking La Mer De Glace. The glacier is receding fast recently.


And here's an obligatory selfie somewhere in the mountains.


My June art journal spread was inspired by our adventures in the mountains, and I found some great quotes on Pinterest to add, making my page qualify for Halle's 'Words To Live By' theme at Art Journal Journey.


I used some torn gelli-printed pieces of book page to collage the mountains, trying to show the amazing range of colours that can be seen. The quotes read... 'Life will test you, but remember this, when you walk up a mountain your legs get stronger.' and 'The mountains are calling and I must go.'

Thankfully, I made notes whilst we were away, on our daily activities, so now I can start filling in those mountains :-)

Wishing you all a very happy weekend,

Alison xox

15 comments:

  1. looks like a fabulous holiday! great journal page too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alison, how gorgeous. I knew the French Alps were pretty but had no idea how spectacular they were. I love how you translated that into your calendar. And and that trail looks a bit scary to me, how it falls off to the side, but it must have been a great hike. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love how you created a journal page inspired by your travel. Amazing views!Thanks for linking up with AJJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the best journal is made with own experiences, and your spread is just that. Super work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic journal spread and so personal to how you spent your holiday. The photos all looked lovely.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a spectacular holiday and calender spread! Your photos looks so amazing, it's a beautiful place 😀. Those beautiful collage mountains are a fun way to remember your holiday - I love it! Welcome back and wishing you a very happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was blown away by all the colors you used on that calendar for June. I could see why you created it after that glorious holiday you had. I loved how personal this spread was for you and choosing your calendar for the month made it even more special.

    Photos of your trip were fabulous. I can't begin to imagine mountains that high because where I live is so flat. Thanks for sharing both your wonderful holiday photos and your art calendar with us at Art Journal Journey using Halle's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great holiday, lovely photos, too. Great journal spread. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos of france and perfect journal Alison. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That gorgeous scenery and great photos! It must've been a real treat to hike there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, look at you two mountain ramblers - it looks absolutely amazing. So glad you had a fabulous holiday. I love your mountain landscape pages with the words teetering on the tops of the peaks.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply BEAUTIFUL Impressions - what a fantastic time in France!! And your calendar spread ist brilliant created as always dear Alison!
    Thank you for joining AJJ again!
    Happy start of the new week ahead!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful journal pages but love the fabulous views of the mountains
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful journal page Ali. Fabulous photos. What an amazing holiday.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant pages Alison and lovely photos.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop here. I love to hear what you think, every comment is very much appreciated.